The Oriental Theatre opened in 1926, featuring over the top Asian influenced décor. Originally built for both movies and vaudeville acts, it was abandoned for theatrical use and unused in the early eighties. In the late nineties it was revitalized and the backstage area was increased by gutting an adjacent building and connecting it to the stage. The restoration process was estimated to have used 4,000 gallons of paint, 12,500 square feet of gold leaf and 62,500 square feet of aluminum leaf.
© 2012-2017 Keith L. Fanta